Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Instax Mini 8 by Fujifilm - Polaroid Camera Review

One of my recent purchases which I am super excited about is my new Polaroid Camera! I have been thinking about buying one for a while and after doing some research, I decided to get the Instax Mini 8 Polaroid Camera by Fujifilm. I absolutely love it! It is such a great camera, super easy to use, and has really great quality photos.


They come in 5 colors including Pink, Yellow, Blue, White, and Black. I went with blue because it reminded me of the ocean and I figured I would be using it most at the beach. I purchased mine at Michaels. While it is priced higher here then in other stores, they do allow you to use a 40% off coupon (which can always be found in their Weekly Ad or online) which makes it worth it. The camera is originally $119 but with the coupon it comes to $71.99.


The camera itself is really simple to use. All you have to do is turn it on, adjust the dial to the lit position, and shoot! The camera is pretty lightweight. I throw it in mu purse most of the time and as you can see from my picture above, its pretty small. The photo's it takes are the size of a credit card. Each pack of film has 10 photos. The film can be fairly expensive. I found it cheapest to order from amazon.com.

Amazon has "Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Twin Pack Instant Film" for $13.40. Basically, its 2 packs of film (20 photos total) for $13.40 so its a much better deal then buying the film in stores! Amazon also has a lot of fun film you can order including disney, hello kitty, and other various patterns. I also ordered the Alice & Wonderland film which I am excited to use! The themed film is more expensive. Disney Alice and Wonderland film I ordered was $13.10 for one pack (10 photos).



After about a month of having my polaroid, I wanted to find something cute to do with all of my pictures. I got this idea from a picture I had seen on Instagram. All I did was take a piece of natural colored yarn and attach each polaroid using some mini clothes pins i had found in my arts and crafts box. I had also added some photo booth strips and a mini dream catcher key chain in the center which I thought added a nice touch!


All in all, I am super happy with my purchase. I love taking a picture and having it in my hand a few moments later. It's also fun watching it develop and waiting to see how it comes out. My friends all love it and it is a great party accessory as well! People love using it and having a memory they can take home.

Hope my post inspires you to get a Polaroid of your own!
xox kirigirl


No comments:

Post a Comment