Friday, November 8, 2013

Flannel Friday

It’s that time of the year! Time to break out those soft, warm, cotton Flannels! If you’ve been searching like me for oversized vintage-inspired Flannels, check out these online sites! This fall I’ve picked up two new Flannels from online shops on Etsy.com. Both Flannels were under $18 each with all taxes and shipping included!
 
The two shops on Etsy.com are GypsiiThrift and TheBeardedBee. Both offer a “Mystery Flannel” product where your vintage flannel is hand-picked for you based on your requests! In the comments section on the checkout page, you can request the colors you want your “Mystery Flannel” to be. You can also put in your height/measurements and request if you want yours fitted, or if you prefer a more oversized fit!
1. TheBeardedBee "Mystery Flannel" - $10


 
The first Flannel I ordered was from TheBeardedBee. Flannels cost $10 and shipping is $6. For this one I decided to request the colors Navy Blue or Green. The one I got was Blue with Navy stripes and tiny thin red stripes! I LOVED the fit of this flannel. I went by their size guide and ordered a MEDIUM for a baggy fit. shop here

2. GypsiiThrift "Mystery Flannel" - $10
The second Flannel I ordered was from GypsiiThrift. Flannels cost $10 plus $6.99 shipping. For this order I requested a flannel in navy/green or black/white checkered. I received the latter! For this order you just put your sizing info in the comments on the checkout page as well. There is no size choice options. This flannel came neatly wrapped in a piece of pink yarn with a coupon for 10% off your next order from GypsiiThrift! shop here
My Review: I absolutely love the whole concept of "Mystery Flannel." While I loved both shirts, I prefer the quality and baggy fit of the first flannel (blue) from "TheBeardedBee" more. This flannel was super soft and a thicker flannel material. The flannel from "GypsiiThrift" was thinner, more light-weight, and the material was more like that of a dress shirt rather then a flannel. The fit of this one was also more boxy which I wasn't crazy about. If I order again, I would order from "TheBeardedBee".
*For both shops, shipping was fast and I recieved my order within 5 business days
 Sizing Help For Reference: my height is 5'7 and I usually wear size 0/2
Photography by: Danielle Young

No comments:

Post a Comment